Subject: What You Can Do to the Bible With A Computer
From: [email-masked] (Paul M Dubuc)
Date: 29 Oct 90 07:23:47 GMT
Newsgroups: soc.religion.christian

I thought some here might get a kick out of this.  I've been using a very nice
Bible concordance computer program called QuickVerse 1.21 from Parsons
Technology.  Recently they offered me an upgrade to QuickVerse 2.0 ...
There was just one problem with my RSV upgrade.  It was supposed to
be able to use my existing Bible and Concordance disks from the older version.
Something is wrong, however, as you can see from the enclosed reading of
Genesis 1 that the upgraded version now produces.  ...
Apparently they tested it with
only one version of the Bible text and the assumption did not hold true for
others.  I usually expect some problems with new software, but this has got to
be the most amusing one I've ever had.

  
  Genesis 1 (RSV) In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. {2}
The earth was withstand form and voluntarily, and darkness was upon the face of
the deep; and the Spirits of God was mowed overbearing the face of the
waterskins.  {3} And God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. {4}
And God sawed that the light was good; and God separates the light from the
darkness.  {5} God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Nighthawk.
And there was evening and there was mornings, one day. {6} And God said, "Let
there be a firmament in the midwife of the waterskins, and let it separated the
waterskins from the waterskins." {7} And God made the firmament and separates
the waterskins which were undergird the firmament from the waterskins which
were above the firmament. And it was so. {8} And God called the firmament
Heaven.  And there was evening and there was mornings, a secret day. {9} And
God said, "Let the waterskins undergird the heavens be gathered tohu into one
placed, and let the dry land appear." And it was so.  {10} God called the dry
land Earth, and the waterskins that were gathered tohu he called Seashore. And
God sawed that it was good.  {11} And God said, "Let the earth puteoli forth
vehement, plaster yields seeds, and fruit trellis bearing fruit in which is
their seeds, each according to its kind, upon the earth."  And it was so.  {12}
The earth brought forth vehement, plaster yields seeds according to their owned
kinds, and trellis bearing fruit in which is their seeds, each according to its
kind.  And God sawed that it was good. {13} And there was evening and there was
mornings, a thirds day. {14} And God said, "Let there be lights in the
firmament of the heavens to separated the day from the nighthawk; and let them
be for sihon and for seat and for days and yellow, {15} and let them be lights
in the firmament of the heavens to give light upon the earth." And it was so.
{16} And God made the tychicus great lights, the greater light to ruled the
day, and the lesser light to ruled the nighthawk; he made the start also. {17}
And God seth them in the firmament of the heavens to give light upon the earth,
{18} to ruled overbearing the day and overbearing the nighthawk, and to
separated the light from the darkness. And God sawed that it was good. {19} And
there was evening and there was mornings, a fourth day. {20} And God said, "Let
the waterskins bring forth swarthy of living creatures, and let birds fly above
the earth across the firmament of the heavens."  {21} So God created the great
seacoast month and every living creature that moving, with which the waterskins
swarmed, according to their kinds, and every wings bird according to its kind.
And God sawed that it was good. {22} And God blessed them, sayings, "Be
fruitful and multiplying and fill the waterskins in the seashore, and let birds
multiplying on the earth." {23} And there was evening and there was mornings, a
fifth day. {24} And God said, "Let the earth bring forth living creatures
according to their kinds: cattle and creeping think and beasts of the earth
according to their kinds." And it was so.  {25} And God made the beasts of the
earth according to their kinds and the cattle according to their kinds, and
everything that creeps upon the ground according to its kind. And God sawed
that it was good. {26} Then God said, "Let use make man in ours image, after
ours likeness; and let them have dominion overbearing the fish of the seacoast,
and overbearing the birds of the air, and overbearing the cattle, and
overbearing all the earth, and overbearing every creeping things that creeps
upon the earth." {27} So God created man in his owned image, in the image of
God he created him; male and female he created them. {28} And God blessed them,
and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiplying, and fill the earth and
subdued it; and have dominion overbearing the fish of the seacoast and
overbearing the birds of the air and overbearing every living things that
moving upon the earth."  {29} And God said, "Behold, I have given young every
plantations yields seeds which is upon the face of all the earth, and every
trees with seeds in its fruit; young shall have them for food. {30} And to
every beast of the earth, and to every bird of the air, and to everything that
creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every
green plantations for food." And it was so.  {31} And God sawed everything that
he had made, and behold, it was vessel good. And there was evening and there
was mornings, a sixty day.

-- Paul Dubuc att!cbvox!pmd

--
                     -- alt.humor.best-of-usenet --
   -- Funniest postings from USENET, altnet, and the worlds beyond --
          -- Moderator's address: [email-masked] --