Subject: Only in Silicon Valley
From: [email-masked] (Rory Toma)

Heard (or so it goes..) in a Silicon Valley video arcade.

Man takes out a dollar, walks up to clerk and says:

        "Excuse me, could you please untar this dollar?"
        =       =       =       =       =       =       =

From: [email-masked]
Subject: how are horses like computers?

This really happened to some friends at work:

A horseback riding trip had been orgainzed and everyone was going through
the orientation, i.e. "anyone ever ridden (seen?) a horse before?", etc.

Everyone's told: "It's simple.  The horses are all neck rein trained.  Hold 
the reins in one hand.  To turn left, move the reins left.  To turn right,
move the reins right.  If you pull back on the reins, the horse will slow
down, then back up.  To make the horse go, kick gently."

At this point, Mark (his real name!) sez: "Oh, I get it, it's a point and
kick user interface."
        =       =       =       =       =       =       =

From: [email-masked] (Joseph Sean Livingston)
Subject: college, true

        I was sitting in a graduate level computer science class during a 
particularly incomprehensible lecture.  The instructor was speaking far above
the level of the class and no one would ask a question and risk being
considered ignorent.  Finally somebody in the front row raised his hand.

        "Excuse me," he asked the instructor, "Are you talking to US?"
        =       =       =       =       =       =       =