Subject: Poetry
From: "Walter B Kulecz, PhD" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 20:16:00 -0600

The National Poetry Contest had come down to two semi-finalists:
a Yale graduate and a redneck from Mississippi State.  They were
given a word, then allowed two minutes to study the word and come
up with a poem that contained that word.

The word they were given was "Timbuktu."

First to recite his poem was the Yale graduate.  He stepped to
the microphone and said...

Slowly across the desert sand,
Trekked a lonely caravan.
Men on Camels, two by two,
Destination- Timbuktu.

The crowd went crazy!  No way could the redneck top that, they
thought.  The redneck calmly made his way to the microphone and
recited...

Me an Tim a hunitn' went,
Met three whores in a pop up tent.
They was three and we was two,
So I bucked one, and Timbuktu

The redneck won hands down.