Subject: TOP TEN LIST - Wed 9/20/95
From: Sue Trowbridge <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Sep 1995 14:36:49 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.fan.letterman,alt.fan.letterman.top-ten

> From New York: Financing available ... it's THE TOP TEN LIST for 
  Wednesday, September 20, 1995.  And now, the star of "Showgirls"
  ... David Letterman!

> From the home office in Grand Rapids, Michigan ...

TOP TEN GOOD THINGS ABOUT BEING A FOURTH-PLACE NETWORK

 9. You can address all your viewers by name

 2. Andy Rooney gets a lot of sympathy sex

 8. Once TV Guide decides to stop listing your shows, the magazine
    is lighter and easier to carry

 7. Heartwarming feeling when canned goods arrive from local grade
    schools

 6. Get to use inspiring chant: "We're #4!"

 5. Fourth ain't so bad -- I mean, imagine you're the fourth handsomest
    guy in the world -- you'd be pretty damn handsome!

 4. Don't get that paranoid feeling that people are watching you

 3. New slogan: "If networks were Beatles, we'd be Ringo"

10. People can't say your show sucks, because they haven't seen it