Subject: (Fwd) Santa is a System Administrator [rec.humor.funny #4739]
From: "Jorge Garcia" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 1995 08:35:48 -0800

--- Forwarded mail from [email-masked] (Darrell Long)
Subject: Santa is a System Administrator  [rec.humor.funny #4739]

------ Forwarded Article <[email-masked]>
------ From [email-masked] (Keith Meidling)

I was musing on similarities between Santa Claus and system
administrators.  Consider:

1. Santa is bearded, corpulent, and dresses funny.

2. When you ask Santa for something, the odds of receiving what you wanted are
   infinitesimal.

3. Santa seldom answers your mail.

4. When you ask Santa where he gets all the stuff he's got, he says, "Elves
   make it for me."

5. Santa doesn't care about your deadlines.

6. Your parents ascribed supernatural powers to Santa, but did all the work
   themselves.

7. Nobody knows who Santa has to answer to for his actions.

8. Santa laughs entirely too much.

9. Santa thinks nothing of breaking into your $HOME.

10. Only a lunatic says bad things about Santa in his presence.

--
Selected by Jim Griffith.  MAIL your joke to [email-masked].
Attribute the joke's source if at all possible.  A Daemon will auto-reply.

Remember: PLEASE spell check and proofread your jokes.  You think I have
time to hand-correct everybody's postings?

------ End of Forwarded Article

---End of forwarded mail from [email-masked] (Darrell Long)